Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 70 - 35 weeks, 3 days - Hoping for at least 11 more days...

11 more days...That's all we need for me to hit the wonderful 37 week mark, aka, full term =)  Full term!!!  Can you believe we are even thinking that?  Think back 10 weeks (it will be 10 weeks tomorrow), who would have thought that I would have made it to 35 weeks, let alone talk about making it to 37.  When I was first hospitalized at 25 weeks, 4 days, my doctor was focusing on 32 weeks.  Just make it to 32 weeks.  Well we did that =)  Than it was 35...did that too =)  Now it is 37...love the sound of that.  With all that said, getting there might be a little challenging...

My doctor’s appointment on Tuesday went very, very well and I almost saw a little bit of freedom, I could honestly TASTE it!!!  Sono of cervix looked good, my cervix actually plumped up a bit.  Went from 2.0 cent to 2.3 cent.  Cortlandt looked wonderful as well and was very active and did not want to stay still.  It was at this point that my doctor started saying that she does not see anything wrong with modifying my bed rest a bit.  Letting me do more around the house and probably get out of the house for a quick trip to the store, etc...then she checked to make sure I was still sitting at 1 centimeters dilated.  Well our conversation abruptly ended there when she announced that, "guess what, you’re 3 centimeters dilated...back to bed for you!" =(

So the full on bed rest continues for another week.  I now see her every week, so she said we will re-evaluate where I am next Tues and decided what to do from there.

Seeing as how my body considers bed rest as a "normal" pregnancy, I will make sure my bags will be completely packed and ready to go by next Tuesdays doctor’s appointment.  With Liam, I sat at 3 centimeters for about a week, went in for my next weekly appointment and came home 3 days later with Liam. SOOOO to be on the safe side and to keep my stress level down, you can bet I will have everything ready by next Tuesday even though I hope I won't need it then.

Other than that, it has been a pretty uneventful few days.  Progress is being made in Cortlandt's room =)  The chair rail is painted white and the top part of the walls are pink.  Joey has to work the next two nights and is taking Liam to the farm for the weekend, so he will paint the light tan on the bottom parts next week.  Once that is done we can put all the furniture back and I can finally put Cortlandt's folded clothes away, which will soooo make me happy!

Well this prego is hungry, so off to the kitchen I go to find something for dinner.

Thank again for all the good thoughts and prayers you have blessed Cortlandt and me with other the past 10 weeks.  BELIEVE ME, they have and are still working.

I promise to keep you all posted if anything changes, but for now, aiming for 37 weeks!!!

HUGS!!!

~Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment