Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cortlandt's Baby Shower

My wonderful sister-in-laws and best friend threw Cortlandt and me an absolutly fantastic baby shower on Saturday.  The original plan was to have the shower at my house so I could show off Cortlandt's room.  Well it ended up being a good thing we went with this plan since I'm on that little thing called bed rest.  Cortlandt's room is nowhere near ready, but my friends and family had a blast looking at Liam's room and seeing our house for the first time =)  Here are some pictures from my fun day...
A plea for Cortlandt to stay in a little longer =)
Had to add a belly shot - 32 weeks, 5 days
Courtney, me, Claire and Whitney - My wonderful best friend and sister-in-laws who threw the shower for Cortlandt and me
My beautiful and delicious cake made by April Wallace.  April and I met last year when her son was in my Kinder class.  This cake looks beautiful but tasted even better and I didn't think that was possible!
The cherry blossoms matched the ones on the invitation perfectly...Look at the detail!!!!
April, friend and fabulous cake designer =)
My cousins Heather and Marty
Judith and Mamama, my grandmother
Handmade dress made in Mexico from my Aunt Patty
My dear friend Karen decorated this bag for Cortlandt.  I am planning on framing and hanging the drawing in Cortlandt's room
Crochet blanket made by my Aunt Bonnie.  It is absolutely beautiful and soooo soft!
Heather and Marty got Liam a chair just like this for his shower.  He loved it and used it daily. When he outgrew it, we ordered the next bigger size from Pottery Barn Kids and he loves his new one just as much. I can’t wait to see Cortlandt use this one too!!!
Cortlandt's first piggy bank from Marty and Heather

Cortlandt's first ballet outfit.  Hope this is the start of a lot more to come =)
Beautiful blanket made by my awesome neighbors Challen and Brittnee
My dear friend Keleigh - we have been through 6 years of friendship, 5 years of teaching, 4 pregnancies, police stuff, and many vent sessions and cups of coffee together.  I can't wait for more play dates and chances for our kiddos to become great friends.  Already planning on a Coates/Compton wedding...one of her perfect boys is bound to fall for Cortlandt ;-)
My wonderful Bright family!!!
4 generations =)
3 generations of great women.  I can't wait to add Cortlandt to make it 4 generations!
Beautiful handmade quilt made by my step-mom Jennifer, Grandma Mimi and Aunt Lisa.  We are blessed to have their talent in the family.  All of the children and grandchildren are blessed with quilts on special occasions.  Joey and I received one for our wedding and then another this past Christmas.  I can't wait to hang this in Cortlandt's room!!!

The afternoon was fantastic and I am so blessed to have so many fantastic family members and friends.  The love I felt for Cortlandt and myself was amazing!  She and I are truly two of the luckiest girls in the world!!!  Now it's on to washing and sorting all the clothes...funny how much I am looking forward to doing this load of laundry =)

No comments:

Post a Comment