Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 44 - 31 wks, 5 days - Looking back and moving forward...

Last night I spent New Year's Eve by myself at our house.  My Mom had Liam and Joey had gone to the farm for one last attempt to bring home some venison...yummm!!!  So I had a lot of time on my hands and did a lot of looking back and looking forward.

2010 was a great FANTASTIC year for Joey, Liam and me in so many ways...
  • Joey started his new job and LOVES it!!!  He has finally found his calling and I am so happy for him.
  • Liam turned 3 and has grown into a wonderful, smart, funny, talkative little boy.  The talkative part is the real breakthrough this year.  He is a little speech delayed and has come soooo incredibly far in his talking and communicating this year.
  • We got pregnant and found out we are having a GIRL!!!
  • We bought our first house!!!  That in itself is a huge milestone for us.
  • I started my 6th year of teaching Kindergarten and love it more now than I did when I started.
  • Joey started OCS, Officer Candidates School, with the Army.
  • Liam started a new school, who I have to credit for his non-stop talking =)
  • Liam is FINALY potty trained!!!  Again, completely because of his new school and the wonderful social issue known as peer presser =)
...had a few stresses...
  • BED REST!!! - Though this started in November, it sure did put a damper on the end of the year.  Not only did this cause emotional stress on Joey, Liam and me, but it also caused financial stress and in my opinion financial stress really sucks and is the worst kind of stress there is!!!
  • Going through the process of purchasing our first house, and having to do most of it by myself while Joey was away with OCS training...oh yeah, financial stress was in this one too!
  • Adjusting to Joey's new job, his stress of academy and studying and then his lack of a set schedule (working days...then nights...then days...then nights again).
...and ended with a sadness...
  • a friend and college passed away unexpectedly a few days before Christmas.  His passing still affects me and has left a hole at Bright that I don't think anyone will ever be able to fill.

So from looking back, the only other way to look is forward...

2011 will bring a host of new experiences, both known and unknown, for the Coates' Three...
  • We will become the Coates Four!!!  We have no idea when this beautiful daughter of ours is going to make her entrance, but at least she has made it into 2011!!!  Due date is February 28th but my bet is for the beginning of Feb =)  Cortlandt Glover Coates, we cannot wait to met you!!!
  • Liam will turn 4 in June and I can't wait to watch him turn into an even more fantastic little man!  He is going to be such a GREAT brother to Cortlandt and she is the luckiest little girl in the world to have him as a brother!
  • Joey will be assigned his first official shift...MAN will that make things easier around here!!!
  • Joey will graduate from OCS and become an Officer =)
  • We hope to do a few home improvements to OUR house.  I LOVE saying "our house"!
  • Who knows what else will come our way...

So goodbye 2010!!!  You were wonderful to us but it is good to see you end...

Hello 2011!!!  I know you hold so much in store for us and I can't wait to see what it is!

Happy New Year!!!

~Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. You must've read Thrifty Decors blog recently..? =) Looking back and moving forward...

    Cheers to 2011!

    ReplyDelete