Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 55 - 33 wks, 2 days - Dr's update and...well...an update =)

What a week and a half it has been!!!  The past week and a half was spent with Joey putting all the Christmas decoratins in a pile in the living room and me packing them away and then doing a major cleaning on the house (with the help of my fantastic Mom and Mother-in-Law) for Cortlandt's amazing baby shower which was this past weekend.  We also have an announcement to make...


We officially have a potty trained toddler in the house!!!


Yes, it has taken MONTHS, A LOT of M&M's and the incredible Ms. Angela (Liam’s teacher) to finally make it happen, but Liam is officially potty trained.  One of his favorite things to do in the morning is pick which big boy undies he gets to wear.  Lightning McQueen and Mater are his two favorites to choose from =)  I’m sooo excited for him since he enjoys announcing when he has used the potty to anyone who will listen and Joey is excited for our bank account since we will not have to pay for two sets of diapers once Cortlandt comes.  Funny how men and women think so alike isn’t it ;-)


I also had my 33 week doctor's appointment yesterday.  The sono showed that Cortlandt is doing great and a little over 4 pounds.  My cevix shrank from 2 1/2 cent to 2 cent.  Dr. Watkins is not too worried since I am still holding at 1 cent dilated.  It is normal for the cervix to start to shrink around this time in normal pregnancys anyway, plus Cortlandt has droppped even lower, which puts more pressure on the cervix, hens the 1/2 cent loss.  My stomach is also measuring a week smaller then last week, even more indication Cortlandt has dropped lower.  Dr. Watkins said again that if things still look good at my 35 week appointment on Jan 25th we will talk about putting me on modified bed rest.  No idea, what modified will entail but it sure sounds good to me =)

It's amazing how some weeks just fly by and then others just drag, like the hospital weeks.  I have come to LOVE the days/weeks that fly by and at the same time dread them.  I LOVE them because that means I am a day/week closer to maybe being allowed to have modified bed rest and a day/week closer to seeing my precious baby girl =)  Then the little bits of dread creep in when I think of how much needs to be done before that precious baby girl gets here.  I am soooo happy to say that work on her room has finally started =)  It took two coats of Kilz Primer to cover the bright pink/purple walls/ceiling that were left by the previous owners...
This was taken when the house was still staged.  But, you can kind of get an idea of the wall colors that needed to be primed, they are a few shades darker in real life.  You can't tell but even the ceiling was painted a light purple.

So the priming is done, now Joey gets to paint the ceiling and walls and then put up the chair-rail.  Hopefully all of that will get done this weekend =)  We are doing white chair-rail to match the rest of the trim colors, a very pale, pale pink will be on the top of the chair-rail and a very light tan on the bottom.  Once the paint is on the walls, I will post pictures =)  Most of her bedding is ordered and should be here by the end of Jan.

My goal is to have the main parts of her room done within the next week or two, as in paint done and furniture put back, the parts of the bedding that we have put together, and then slowly work on the rest after that.  I HOPE to be on modified bed rest by my 35th week, so sometime after Jan 24th I can help with her room some and actually put away and organize her clothes and go get a few decorations for her room that I know I want =)  But we will cross that path if we get there.  I know it really does not matter if her room is not ready by the time she is born because she will be in Joey's and my bedroom for the first month or so, but I soooo want her room ready or at least the majority of the stuff done.

Look for another post today full of snow pictures =)
Hugs to you all!!!!!

-Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. I actually found myself thinking 'why would the baby be upstairs when Charlotte is on the couch?! Ha! Can't wait to see the room...ours is a work in progress too!! Fun times!! Congrats on he negative test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know someone else also has the nursery as a "work in progress". Everyone else I know who is preggo has finished theirs, even a friend who is due 4 weeks after me! I know it will get done, just hope most of it is done before she gets here so I don't stress over it. Have fun finishing yours as well =) You will have to post pics when you finish it. I’ll post some too as we make more progress =) HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete