Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 11 - 27 wks - Not much news today =) =(

So I was in bed, very unsuccessfully trying to go to sleep, and realized that I did not blog today.  I think out of all of my days on bed rest today went by the fastest.  I woke up, next thing I knew it was lunch, then Joey came by and then time for bed...where did the day go???  Don't get me wrong, I am sooooo very delighted that it went by so fast, but I feel so unproductive.  Yes, don't laugh...I know what you are thinking...How can you be productive on bed rest???  Well you can...well, at least I like to think that you can =)  I work on Sudoku puzzles, continue with my cross-stitch (T will be finished tomorrow so look for a pic), read Harry Potter or another magazine, try to remind myself to eat (hospital food for 11 days...yes I need to remind myself), and do my back-and-forth movement to de-numb my rear (read the "What is bed rest" post if this makes no sense to you).  Now before bed rest I would be laughing at that list, but being 11 days in, that's a lot to do in a day if I may say so myself =)

Now that I think of it, today I was a lot more productive then I thought.  I spent a good deal of the morning talking to people from FISD about being on bed rest, getting e-mailes forwarded, signing papers, and making more phone calls.  All I have to say is whoever invented the Sick Leave Bank for FISD is my all-time favorite person EVER!!!!  I only have 4 personal/sick days left from this year, but since I am part of the sick leave bank I can take a max of 30 days out of it.  THAT MEANS that I will have normal paychecks through the middle of Jan =)  Ohhhhh was Joey happy to get conformation about that today!!!!  Plus, we have disability that theoretically kicked in the moment I was admitted, so Joey was supper/extra happy after all of that =)

Joey was here today when Dr. Watkins came by, which was nice since this makes his second time to see her with this pregnancy.  She didn't check me today, didn't want to risk messing anything up for Dr. Albert on Wed, but we did talk for a while.  She is thinking that there might be a chance that I can go home next Mon, my 28th week, BUT she will not put anything in writing yet.  She wants to consult with Dr. Albert on Wed, check me at the end of the week for dilation, and then do the FFN test (check for possible labor).  She will take all of that into consideration as well as talking to Joey and I about what bed rest at home should look like and if I will follow it like I have here in the hospital.  It is sooooo easy to say yes to that, but at the same time we all know me...I don't sit/stand still well unless i have someone monitoring me 24/7.  YET I would give up my left foot to go home, IF I can make home bed rest match hospital bed rest.  My main focus is this perfect baby girl, but at the same time, Mommy needs to be sane.  I have a feeling that she will say Hospital...just my gut at the moment...if she does I will be okay with that.  I will most diffidently cry, cry, and then cry some more, but then I will get over it and make the best of it, like I have so far.  Still, home would soooooo be nice...

Okay, so enough rambling...I'm off to bed, again.  Fingers crossed that sleep will find me this time.

HUGS and LOVE!!!

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment