Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 5 - 26 wks, 1 day - A new kind of "normal"...


Pretty flowers from my family and Liam
Liam at Starbucks with my mom...
sure is like his Mommy in
that way =)
I have settled into a new kind of "normal".  Though little parts change day to day (nurses and visitors) the majority of the day has a normalcy about it, which I am thinking is a good thing.

I wake up to a phone call from Joey, letting me know he is on his way home and we talk for a few minutes.  I get out of bed, back hurting (thanks to pregnancy and the lovely hospital bed), brush my teeth and wash my face/or take a shower.  Order breakfast and eat breakfast.  Nurses come in to check blood pressure, temp and then monitor Cortlandt and me.  Then I am left alone for the majority of the day, with brief check-ins from the nurses.  Visitors and family come and go.  I order lunch between 12:30-1:00.  Joey shows up around 5:00 and stays until he has to head into work.  I order dinner, eat dinner, brush teeth and wash face again.  Change into my PJ's and have the night nurse do her thing (blood pressure check, temp check, monitor Cortlandt and me).  Watch TV, cross-stitch, use the computer, or read.  I head to bed between 10:00-10:30.  Kinda boring but my new normal.

This morning was like the other 3 mornings except getting to eat breakfast with Liam and my Mom =)  Let me tell you how excited I was about that!!!  Man do I LOVE being able to spend some time with Liam.  I swear he grew an inch since he came by yesterday.  He is so inquisitive about everything in the room and is still fascinated by the gears of the bed.  My Mom says that he know exactly where to go when he gets to the hospital.  As he walks down my hall he says "HI" to every person he passes.  He HAS to be the one to open the door to my room and then immediately asks if I need ice and water in my cup.  He then takes it down to the ice machine and fills it up for me, as well as 2-3 other cups of ice for him.  He is sooooo stinkin cute and man do I miss him!!!

Harriet (teammate from school) and Susie (Principal) surprised me with visits, magazines and more snacks =)  It was great to talk to them and I soooo appreciated their making time to visit me.

Dr. Watkins came by and stayed for about 15 min.  We talked about bed rest in general and what I can expect from here on.  We know that bed rest is 100% decided on from now until Cortlandt graces us with her beautiful presence.  It's the hospital or home part that is still up in the air.  We know I am here until 28 weeks, which is Dec 6th, it's what happens during these next two weeks that will dictate if I am here until 32 weeks, which is Jan 3rd.  I have come to peace with being here until 32 weeks and a part of me wants to know now if I will be here so we can start making preparations for Liam (who he will stay with while Joey is working nights 3-4 days a week and if we have to take him out of school during all of this).  I hate having all of these balls in the air and knowing I will not be able to catch all of them.  But no matter what, as long as Cortlandt stays put and keeps on growing as perfectly as she is, I can handle bed rest anywhere Dr. Watkins wants me to be, even if I don't enjoy it much.

Other than that, the day was...normal.  Tomorrow will be a bit different.  Sometime during the day Dr. Albert's nurse will come get me for my second sonogram and visit with him.  I'm not sure what else he will do but I will let you all know tomorrow.
On that note, I'm going to finish getting ready for bed and watch DWTS...fingers crossed that Jennifer Grey wins!!!

Goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment