Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 3 - 25 wks, 6 days

Beautiful view from my window =)
Night #2 was soooo much better.  Less tears and a lot more sleep =)  The day started with what I have come to understand will be the norm: I wake up, order breakfast, wash face, change into something new (need to at least feel like I have a choice and a say in something), get back into bed, eat breakfast, and then the nurses start.  The first nurse to come in is my new nurse for the day, she asks how I feel, how is the baby moving, am I feeling contractions, any leakage, etc…My answers are good, yes/a lot, no, no, etc... She then leaves to finish her rounds and the respiratory nurse come in with my asthma meds.  Anywhere from 30 min to an hour later my nurse comes in and hooks me up to monitor Cortlandt’s heartbeat and me for contractions.  We do this for 30 min in the morning and then 30 min at night...Well, let me rephrase that, we are supposed to do this for 30min but my child is already showing a stubborn streak (hmmmm wonder where she gets that from???). What should take 30 min takes more like 45-55 since she won’t stay still.  First, I am only 25 wks 6 days, so finding a strong heartbeat/keeping it with the big sensors is a little heard.  But then you add an active/stubborn/can’t-stay-still-longer-than-5-min little girl into the mix and this simple 30 min activity takes a lot longer.  Soooo, after this is done, I am pretty much left alone for the rest of the day.  The day nurse comes in every hour or so to see how I am, ask the above stated questions, and then leaves.  So pretty much it is me and the room...

Liam and my Mom came by to say "HI" early in the morning.  I forgot to mention in the other post but Liam’s favorite thing to do when visiting me is sitting on the floor by the bed and watching me raise and lower the feet and head of the bed.  He LOVES watching the gears under the bed move.  It is sooo cute!!!  I had a pleasant surprise later this morning when my Aunt Bonnie showed up for a visit.  She brought 2 bags of magazines and some yarn and a crochet book =)  I have not crocheted in years, but boy do I have time to refresh my memory now.  Then Douglas and Kelly, brother and girlfriend, showed up with Starbucks and the entire season of Friends =)  My very good friend Keleigh came by next with her two beautiful sons.  With them came more videos, snacks and fun!  Matthew loved playing with the bed and making the head and feet of the bed go up and down.  After they left, my Mother-in-law came by to drop off two new pairs of Old Navy PJ’s for me =)  I can’t wait to wear them tomorrow!!!  Joey came by about 2 hours before he had to get to work.  He already did not like working nights, but really hates it now since he can’t help with Liam or stay with me more.  Unfortunately this is how it will be until the middle of December when his shift changes.  But thank heavens for our fantastic family for all their help!!!  I don’t even want to think about how much harder this would be if we did not have them around.  I am an absolute wreck not being able to see Liam for more, put him to sleep, and just be his Mommy, but knowing he is with our family is an amazing feeling.  My friend Lauren was the last visitor of the night, and brought her fantastic homemade chocolate chip cookies…sooooo good!!!  Once everyone left, I ordered dinner, changed into my PJ’s, and got ready for the night.  The night nurse hooked me up one last time to monitor Cortlandt and me and we both passed with flying colors =)  At least my body is doing something right at this moment!

Tomorrow brings my actual OB, Dr. Watkins, coming to check on me.  I know she has a test called a fetal fibronectin test scheduled.  This test will tell if I will go into labor in 14 days.  Fingers crossed it comes back negative.  Other than that, not sure what tomorrow brings, but I hope it is uneventful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment