Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 12 - 27 wks, 1 day - More doctors...but not for baby...hmmm...

So as the title says, I got to see more doctors/nurses/techs today but not because of my preggo issues. Turns out I have a heart murmur and had to have a sono of my heart, an EKG, as well as talk to a cardiologist this afternoon.  I was only put in here for a short cervix and I will be walking out with a heart murmur too...lol...Only me :-P

All I know is that if they find one more thing wrong with me, Joey might just kidnap me in the middle of the night.  I personally think it is a little comical, but all Joey sees are the extra bills piling up on top of the already huge pile.  Oh well...

The good news is that the murmur is more than likely pregnancy induced.  Sooo, once Cortland is here I will have it checked out and see if it is gone.  The cardiologist said that since I have almost 50% more blood in my system then a normal, non-preggoed, person, some preggos (me) can form a heart murmur.  Almost all go away after pregnancy.  So he is not worried, my OB is not worried, so I am not worried...Whewwww...Cross that off my list of stresses...

OHHH, I completely forgot to mention in yesterdays post that I was able to talk to my students yesterday!!!  I was a mess yesterday morning because I knew that my Kinders would be walking into our classroom expecting to see me, and I would not be there =(  Soooo, Courtney planned the best  "surprise" and I soooo needed it!  They called me right after they got back from Computers and were eating their snack.  It was soooo great to hear their voices (all in unison) say "HI" to me.  We talked...well, I asked questions and they answered them in unison, for about 3-4 minutes.  Of course after we ended the call I cried like a baby for a good 5 minutes...but, well, that's pretty normal for me at the moment.  But still, I LOVED it!!!!  I seriously have one of the best friends ever!!!

Other then the extra stuff with my heart, the day was pretty uneventful.  Cortlandt still looks fantastic when we monitor her and I am still have no contractions, WOOOHOOOO!!!  I hope to have more info tomorrow since I will be seeing Dr. Albert, a little excited and apprehensive about this.  PLEASE say some extra prayers that all looks well!!!  We know that my cervix won't be normal (once you have a short cervix you always have a short cervix), but we are hoping that it has less funneling or at least maintained itself from the last sono.  So any extra prayers you have would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Fingers crossed I have more to report, hopefully good, tomorrow =)

Goodnight for now!!!

P.S. Only 25 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!

HUGS!!!

~Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment