Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 15 & 16 - 27 wks, 4-5 days - Internet is not liking me =(

Okay, so I have decided that my internet connection in the hospital does not like me.  Facebook and Blogger, my two lifelines to the outside world, have not been working properly since Wednesday night.  It is pretty much hit or miss if I can get into either of them...really more misses then hits.  Sooooo..I am consolidating the post from yesterday that would not post and today’s post...

Day 15 - Friday, November 3rd - 27 wks, 4 days

Today went by fast!!!  It's funny how some days seem to drag by and others just fly.  Dr. Watkins came by and said that it looks like Monday will probably be the day I can go home if all goes well with the FFN and glucose tests.  I know I have said this in like the last 3 posts, but it suuuuuurrrrrre feels good to keep on hearing her say it each day =)

I had a great surprise this evening when the entire Morales gang came by.  I have been lucky enough to teach two of the Morales kiddos, Jacob and Elise, and can't wait to be able to teach Elayna too!!!  Michelle, my Mom and I talked for a while why the kiddos and Ray, their Dad, watched The Polar Express and they brought me some Mary Kay goodies too =)  It was a great surprise and I soooo enjoyed seeing my kiddos!

My Mom and I caped the night off by eating La Madeline for dinner and watching White Christmas, by far my all-time favorite Christmas movie!!! Man I can't wait to watch it in MY living room with a fire in the fireplace and the Christmas tree glowing!!!!!!  Fingers crossed that Monday will be the day.

~~~~~~~~~~

Day 16 - Saturday, November 4th - 27 wks, 5 days

Today was a whirlwind of visitors and more confirmation that Monday is most likely my day of freedom.

My Mom stayed the night which was fun.  We woke up, ate and then Joey came over for a visit before he had to head home and rest before work.  My first surprise visitor was my Father-in-Law and he brought lunch, La Madeline again...YUMMM!!!  While everyone was here, Dr. Watkins came by.  After talking, she decided that we will do the FFN test TOMORROW...as in SUNDAY!!!  She said that she is pretty confident on me being able to go home on Monday and to save us some time, since the FFN test can take up to 4 hours for the results, let’s get one test done tomorrow.  So on Monday, all we have to worry about is the glucose test.  It was nice to have her come by when so many family members were here so they could all hear what my bed rest at home has to be like.  I'm not sure all of them truly understood that I am not allowed to do ANYTHING!!!  No stairs, no car rides (unless to see Dr. Watkins), no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry (folding while sitting is okay ;-) ), no nothing unless it can be done from a resting position in my bed or on the couch.  I think my Father-in-Law was surprised to hear that even sitting up straight is off limits unless I am eating or taking a bath.  But we all agree that mentally me being home is what is best for Cortlandt and me.  Plus, it is nice to see that Dr. Watkins is so positive about me going home. She sees no reason why I won't make it to 32 weeks, if not longer, which of course is the goal =)  My goal is 36 weeks, that way there is no NICU...fingers crossed everyone!!!

So my other surprise visitors were some friends from Bright, Jaymie, Annie and Allison.  Jaymie brought the new Twilight movie, Eclipse, for me us to watch, she even left it for me to watch again (it's on right now!!!).  It was so nice to see them all again, but reminded me of how much I am missing at Bright and how much I miss everyone =(

Like I said, I am watching Eclipse, finishing dinner, and will be heading to bed soon...

Fingers crossed this is able to post.  I will update tomorrow about how the FFN test goes!!!

Thank you again for all of your prayers and good thoughts!!!  I know they are working!!!

HUGS and LOVE!!!

~Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment