Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 19-25 - 28 wks, 1 day - 29 wks - What a week...

I'm starting off this post by apologizing for the lack of posts.  Computer issues were the starting point and then Blogger decided to not like me or let me log-in in any way, shape, or form.  FINALLY someone from my G-Mail account reset my information and presto!!!  I can blog again =)

So here is a week in a nutshell...


It has been CRAZY HARD!!!  I knew home bed rest was going to be hard, but gosh...Home bed rest is sooooo much harder than I thought it would be!!!  I honestly knew what I was getting into but it is still a shock at how hard it is.  I did home bed rest when I was preggo with Liam (from 27-35 weeks), but that was easy compared to this because Liam is now 3 1/2...Throw a toddler into the mix and man does it change everything!!!  It is so incredibly hard having to say over and over again, "No, Mommy can't pick you up remember?", or "No honey, Mommy can't play with you upstairs.", or "No Liam, Mommy can't play outside with you."  Talk about heartbreaking =(  The worst is when he is crying in his bed during the middle of the night and he is asking for me and I can't go up there.  Daddy is there with him, but he wants his Mommy and I can't help.  It kills me!!!  Feel like the worst Mommy right now because I can't do what a Mommy should be able to do for her child...I can't make him food, can't give him a bath, can't play with him in his playroom, can't hug him in the middle of the night when he needs me...sucks!!!

So enough of Debby Downer...


I made it to 29 weeks!!!  That is a huge accomplishment all in itself =)  1 week down, 11 to go!!!

I have done a lot of napping during the past week.  It's funny, I never napped in the hospital, yet I pretty much take one nap a day now that I'm home.  I have made a lot of progress in my cross-stitch (will post a picture once I finish the current letter).  Ohhh, and I have done a little Christmas decorating =)  My decorating consists of walking by the tree to fill up my water bottle and putting one ornament on it or walking to the restroom and putting out one of my snowmen (I collect them).  But that is it...Joey, Liam and my Mom have done most/all of it.  Here are some pictures...

The fireplace.  Not all that Christmassy this year, but ohhh
do I have plans for next year.  The red that Joey painted it sure
makes it fit with the season.


Still a work in progress.  Joey and Liam will
finish decorating it tonight.

Tablecloth and poinsettias are from my Mom =)

On Thursday, we got a surprise in the mail...
Liam and Cortlandt's pillows for her crib (so far the
only things we have for this little girl).


Joey had to report into Austin for the Army this weekend, so Liam went to the farm with his PaPa and my Mom came over and stayed with me for the weekend.  We had a fun weekend of crafting, girlie Christmas movie watching, and Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate =)  Here are pictures of the two crafts we did...
Glass ornaments - a little varnish and some glitter.
They look sooo pretty on the tree!

Ornament Wreath - There were three, but mine decided to fall apart.  These are made of a wire hanger and plastic ornaments.  Once we put the ribbons on them they will be ready to hang.

While I was looking through my cell, I found a cute picture of Liam from when he came by the hospital the day before I went home...Mommy moment here =)

Well that is all for this post. Look for a post every day to every other day from now on.  I sure did miss this Blog!!!  It's amazing how addicting and nice it is to post what you did for the day, even if it is trivial and mundane.

Thank you again for the continued prayers and good thoughts.  Believe me, they are working!!!

HUGS to you all!!!

~Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment