Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 28 - 29 wks, 3 days - Great start...crummy middle...great end...

Well, the day started off great!  Minus a rough night of asthma with Liam and him sleeping in our bed, he was happy to wake up, ate 3 bowls of cereal, and went to school in a fantastic mood.  I took a bath and actually put on makeup and did my hair.  The first time since Nov 19th that I have done any of that!!  Soo I was a little nervous about the doctor's appointment but still felt positive that all would be good...hmmm...should have known I guess...

My sister-in-law, Whitney, drove me to the appointment.  I have the sono first.  First thing out of the sono lady's mouth is , "WOW this baby is low!!!".  This we already knew but still not the most reassuring thing to hear to start off your appointment.  Cortlandt is so low, that the sono lady had a hard time measuring my cervix, again, not a good thing.  So she finally gets it measured and then heads to measure Cortlandt.  Of course this child is perfect =)  She is about 3 lbs now and growing just like she should be.  Makes one happy Mommy!!!

So I then go and wait to see Dr. Watkins.  I can tell that she is not all too happy when she walks in.  This lady is sooo cute and always has a smile on her face.  Well she was smiling but her eyes were soooo not going along with that smile.  Pretty much my cervix is now measuring 2.5 centimeters, which is 25 millimeters.  I was 31 millimeters when I left the hospital.  Not a good thing to loose 6 millimeters in a two week period.  To add more to this all, I am now a whole centimeter dilated.  I left the hospital at about half a centimeter...again, not a good thing in only 2 weeks.  She did another FFN test and we will have the results tomorrow morning sometime.

Bottom line is this, if the test comes back negative, I can stay on home bed rest for 2 more weeks and we will re-evaluate at my next appointment on Dec 30th.  If the test comes back positive, I am back in the hospital tomorrow with steroids for Cortlandt's lungs and will stay until 32 weeks.

I was sooo hoping I would have better news to share...sorry that I don't =(

On a plus side, the evening was a huge success!!!  Liam, Joey and I decorated a gingerbread house that Liam's Papa got him.  He had more fun eating the candy and icing then actually decorating the house, but we all still had fun.  I will post pictures tomorrow =)

Well I need to go recline on my bed some more.  I will post more tomorrow and PROMISE to give you all the instructions for the ornaments =)  I keep forgetting to download the better pictures.

Thank you once again for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers.  They truly mean the world to Joey, Liam, me and my family.  Please keep them coming.  This little lady needs to cook a lot longer than 29-30 weeks...remember I'm aiming for 37 =)

HUGS for now!!!

~Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment