Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 42 - 31 wks, 3 days - Blog is back, all is good...

Man I have missed blogging!!!  Between the craziness of getting ready for Christmas and then Joey taking the computer to the farm and then having no internet on Monday and Tuesday...Blogging has not been able to happen =(  So here is a quick update on Cortlandt and me...

Cortlandt and I are doing great and I can't believe we have made it to 31 weeks!!!  When I was first hospitalized 6 weeks ago tomorrow, I honestly had my doubts that I would see 31 weeks.  Sure feels good to be here!!!  I have another doctors appointment today @ 2:30, so I will post an update this evening.  I know we will be doing another sono to measure my cervix and Cortlandt, and then I will see Dr. Watkins and she will see if I have dilated more (fingers crossed that I have not) and then do another FFN test (check to see if I will go into labor within the next 14 days).  I honestly have no idea what her plan is if any of the above mentioned have changed for the worse or come back positive (FFN Test).  I know that at my last appointment, 2 weeks ago, if the FFN test came back positive, I would have been admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks, until I was 32 weeks.  Well I will be 32 weeks next Monday, so I'm not sure if the test comes back positive if she will admit me until I’m 34 weeks or what...

32 weeks was the next big hurdle she wanted me to cross because of lung development and less complications in NICU for Cortlandt.  Once I hit that, next Monday =), our next big hurdle is 35 weeks, majority of babies have enough lung development that they will spend little or no time in the NICU.  My personal goal is 36 weeks, why not add an extra 7 days of growth to really ensure no NICU!!!

So since the last post, I have been doing pretty much the same old thing...get up, get Liam dressed for school, eat breakfast sitting down, sit more, watch TV, cross-stitch, get water, sit some more, use the restroom, move to the bed to sit, watch more TV, do more cross-stitching, get more water, use restroom, sit some more, etc...

Well I better run and start to get ready for the doctor’s appointment.  When I know I have go somewhere, I try to get ready in little spurts and then sit for a while in between.

Look back later today for Christmas pictures as well as an update from the doctor =)

HUGS!!!

~Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment