Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 14 - 27 wks, 3 days - THANK YOU!!!

Thursday, December 2

This is the post I started last night, but had some internet issues and was unable to post it...so here it is...

Words cannot express how THANKFUL I am to all of you for your prayers, good thoughts, love and support during this stressful time.  Our life has certainly been on a roller coaster ride over the last two weeks and you all have been there for us through all the ups and downs.  The outpouring of help, visits, treats and the occasional coffee deliveries have reinforced what I already knew, that I have by far the best family and friends around!!!  God has certainly blessed Joey, Liam, Cortlandt and I with an abundance of love in our life and I am so incredibly grateful.

Kaci and Deanna (two of my teammates) came by after school today and brought a huge bag full of books, magazines, nail polish, cards, treats and Blockbuster gift cards from school.  I was so incredibly touched that my friends from school got all of this together for me.  I also have a beautiful orchid, from Bright's Sunshine Committee, that has received many a comment from the nurses.  By far, my favorite things in the bag were the cards and pictures from my students =)  I was a crying fool last night looking and reading all of the cards and pictures.  Here are some of the cards and pictures I received...
Cards from my students =)
More cards from my students =)
Cards from Emmie, Jeremy and their cousin Matthew.
I taught Jeremy two years ago and Emmie is in my
kinder class this year.

Liam and Joey came by earlier in the evening and stayed for about 2 hours =)  I swear that every time he comes by he has grown an inch or two.  Here are some cute pictures of Liam from today =)
Playing with Daddy =)
He is sooooo cute!!!
Looking for a helicopter.  My room is right next to the
helicopter pad so you can see them fly in and out.

It was a pretty jam-packed afternoon and evening, which was a nice change =)  Other then the visits, I was able to find some Christmas presents online, made a list of possibilities for Liam (thinking a big train table from from Daddy and Mommie =) ) and I was able to finish another letter in Cortlandt's name which was nice...

I want to end today's post with a bible quote.  My dear friend Lauren sent a card along with delicious brownies from school.  In the card was a quote, Lauren’s favorite bible quote to be exact. I have to admit, it is now one of my favorites as well and VERY true for how things are going right now. So today, I leave you all with this...
" '...I know what I am planning for you,' says the Lord.
'I have good plans for you...
I will give you hope and a good future.' "
JEREMIAH 29:11

I hope you all had a blessed day!!!

HUGS!!!

~Charlotte

P.S. 23 days until Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment